About Jesus, the Bible, and Christianity with my views and original ideas. Also, a Bible Commentary which will never be finished but slowly gets longer.
My other website, northforest.org, with over 350 articles, documents the 25-year evolution of my ideas having commentary on many writings of others. But I got tired of all this historical and scholarly perspective so I started my new website, this one, jesus316.com
97 articles plus Bible commentary.
Audience (this website is not for everyone)...
- Protestants: Not for you if you are happy with your Church, your faith, your beliefs — I do not wish to disturb you with my ideas. (I should mention: I'm a born-again, radically-saved, on-fire-for-the-Lord Christian).
- Catholics: While I am a Catholic, (cafeteria, but not liberal), this is not a Catholic-defender website. On my other website, northforest.org, I document why I came to reject certain Catholic teachings; on this website I merely state my views, many are pro-Catholic.
- Atheists: Probably won't find this website interesting except those willing to consider the existence of a spiritual realm apart from the physical universe.
My Unique Views & Ideas
I highlight these everywhere but especially here. Such things as...
- My view of the new heavens and new earth
- Creation of the universe and earth and humans
- The physical realm vs. the spiritual realm and the soul
- Literal Bible interpretation
- Apostolic teaching and the sources of truth
To find articles...
- Left-side menus
- Index of topics
- Search via search engine (top right of every article)
Symbols for links (click on them)...
to another article
to passage in Bible Commentary
to section of same article
to related article, or next in series of passages about the topic
Article summaries (for quick reading). I highlight my views on key topics. To view a random one, click on the pretty blue circle having arrows. This is probably the fastest way to get a summary of all my views.
Regarding writing style: on occasion I use colons: and ellipses... wrong and violate other rules of grammar and syntax. I do this (usually) on purpose, hopefully to good effect to add a bit of color for an otherwise humorless topic. Regarding "he" vs. "she": I use "they". And I don't like saying "their minds" when each has only one, so I prefer "their mind". (Likewise for "husbands, love your wives".) Also, sentence fragments.