About Adam and Eve...
- Two real people (but not the first humans)
- The first humans of redemption history
- The first monotheists who worshipped the one true God
- When they disobeyed God's command to not eat literal fruit from the literal tree, sin (needing redemption) entered the human realm
When did Adam and Eve appear?...
- Young earth creationists (who reject modern science) claim 4,004 B.C. or maybe 15,000 B.C.
- Modern science says the first modern humans appeared 200,000 B.C. and that agriculture and animal domestication began about 10,000 B.C.
- Old earthers (who also reject modern science without realizing it) claim the first humans were only 10,000 or 20,000 or 30,000 years B.C.
- Adam and Eve were farmers so, therefore, they were not the first humans. They were around 10,000 B.C. or later.
- Humans had migrated to all continents long before Adam and Eve.
- Most people on earth are not descended from Adam and Eve.
Christianity claims, Christians believe these facts of Adam and Eve...
- Adam and Eve: actual people.
- Adam and Eve: the first two humans of redemption history.
- Adam appeared first, created by God from the "dust of the ground".
- Then Eve appeared, created by God from a part of Adam's body.
- They lived in a literal garden, the garden of Eden, inhabited by God.
- God put two special trees in the garden, to test Adam and Eve's obedience to God's word.
- A literal serpent, having Satan's spirit, in some way appeared to Eve (probably with Adam standing dumbly by) and tempted her to eat the forbidden fruit.
- Eve ate, then Adam ate.
- They became aware of their guilt and separation from God.
- God cast them out of the garden.
A few observations from science; questions requiring answers...
- The human race today has great genetic diversity. The story of the creation of Adam and Eve should explain the many races of humans and the many various human characteristics (eye color, hair color, body build, mental capabilities, etc.)
My explanation — these developed during the 200,000 years humans have been on earth, not from radical genetic differences between the three sons of Noah.
- Fundamentalist evangelical Protestants teach that all suffering and death came into the world when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit. This implies there was a rapid and pervasive evolution of animals if at that time they started eating one another for food, mosquitos began sucking blood, parasites began feeding on their hosts, tree limbs began falling on living creatures harming or killing them.
My view — the world was created with pain, suffering, and death billions of years ago.
- Why were Adam and Eve not plagued by wild animals in the garden of Eden? and why was farming so fruitful there?
My view — probably God built a wall to protect them. The garden was in a lush location in a valley near a stream with good climate year round.
- Did the legs fall off the serpent as it morphed into a snake?
My view — Perhaps this curse on that kind of serpent resulted in a rapid mutation due to a divinely-orchestrated gamma ray affecting the genes so that the offspring could no longer walk upright; maybe like the angel that crippled Jacob.
- I reject the teaching that Adam was the first Caucasian and that the Nephilim were children of mixed-race marriages between the Caucasian descendants of Adam and other non-Caucasians.